B.Joe Rosa, CPA
Dear Human CEO:
Experience in accounting, management, auditing, budgeting, internal controls, corporate finance and taxation, financial and
operations planning, HR, systems design and implementation - combined with over 20 years of experience, is what I can offer as the
CFO of your Company.
An example of my professional involvement includes achieving exponential financial growth for a $20 million resort with multiple
•Reduced costs leading to an increase in gross profit of over 4%, yielding in excess of $1 million profit increase in the hospitality
•Implemented effective price monitoring in retail applications, yielding an increase of over 10% in Gross Profits, during rising costs.
•Improved RevPar to increase Hotel Revenues over 13%, during declining penetration.
•Improved internal controls to secure corporate assets and improve timely reports.
•Cut legal expenses by over 50%, and reduced outside accounting fees by over 90%.
•Executed timely financials through reducing the closing cycles from 90 to 5 days.
•Increased motivation of staff through cross training staff and team leaders.
•Increased operation margins via accurate timely inventory procedures.
My other practical experience consists of GAAP and SEC accounting & taxation, reorganizations, turn arrounds, mergers and
acquisitions with regional and Big Four CPA organizations and with public and private firms.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss in greater detail the valuable involvement and experience I could bring to your team.
Please contact me at to arrange a meeting.
B. Joe Rosa
B. Joe Rosa, CPA
A professional consensus builder, offering successful experience in: financial management, operational management, accounting
and taxation, with public and private firms. Experience includes a strong technical background from regional and Big Four CPA firms.
A leader by example, while motivating staff and team members through enriching self empowerment training and development
programs. Experienced and comfortable with structured or startup organizations.
Robert Bugatto Enterprises, Inc., Hospitality Resort, Bodega Bay, CA
Chief Financial Officer/Controller February 05-Present
Counseling and reporting to the CEO and the Board of Directors; Teaming with other Officers and managers to implement policy
consistent with corporate goals; Generating financing from banking, public and private sources; improving strategic planning to
maximize profit; Investing surplus cash; Establishing and maintaining relationships in the financial community; Creating/managing
policies for internal controls of assets and accounting needs; Managing Human Resources, 401-k plan, internal audit and accounting,
IT and financial reporting; Negotiating with and consulting with outside Counsel on various legal issues affecting customers, vendors,
auditors and government agencies. Establishing, maintaining and coordinating the applications of GAAP & SEC requirements.
Balancing alternative approaches to optimize harmonious outcomes.
• Accounting/Systems: Established budgeting systems, job and product costing systems for hospitality, retail, wholesale,
manufacturing and construction activities, as well as initiating cash management systems for subsidiaries and corporate needs,
managed IT and networks.
• Financial Sourcing: Arranged financing via banks, IPO's and other private sources.
• Tax Management and Preparation: Including: IRS, FTB, BOE, EDD and other agencies. Managing and training accounting and tax
department personnel on quality control & client satisfaction basis (both internal and external).
• Vendor/Agency Relations: Negotiating with vendors, contractors, IRS agents, appeals officers and attorneys on matter pertaining
to individual, corporate and other taxes.
• Auditing: Performing and managing multiple audits, simultaneously, for both public and private entities: construction firms –
commercial and residential, retail, hospitality, wholesale, service & manufacturing establishments, CIRA’s, as well as unions, school
districts and other non-profit organizations.
• Team Development: Fostering positive team development through effective recruitment/hiring methods, staff motivation and
mentoring, training of peers and staff.
• Teaching: Background in teaching college level accounting and real estate taxation.
-OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE-
REGIONAL CPA FIRM
Tax/Accounting Manager, Long Beach, North Bay, 2-02 to 2-05
HOLMES AUTO BODY
Corporate Controller, Pasadena, 4-99 to 1-02
Tax Supervising Senior, Los Angeles, 1-99 to 4-99
IDEAL COMPUTER COMPANY (IPO)
Chief Financial Officer, San Jose, 7-78 to 8-80
CEO, S. Lake Tahoe & North Bay, 11-80 to Present
• PR experience with customers, stockholders, lenders, legal counsel, underwriters and other various governmental agencies,
possessing a positive and creative ‘win-win’ out-look.
• Directed IPO's from a company and auditor’s perspective as well as holding GAAP & SEC reporting responsibilities.
• Familiar with a wide spectrum of industries & IT including hospitality, healthcare, engineering/construction, manufacturing, retail,
as well as the tech/software industry, Quickbooks, AS400, Peachtree & SAP.
• Worked abroad and traveled extensively throughout the US, Europe and the Middle East. Fully capable of establishing rapport
with linguistically diverse cultures.
British-American School of Law, J.D., Magna cum Laude
California State University, Los Angeles, B.A. Business Administration
Kiwanis, Babe Ruth Coach, Sailing Coach and Community Concerts